Conduit with no "Tap ley line" sorta gets the effect anyways

Forum where closed and resolved bug reports live
Weirdomen

Conduit with no "Tap ley line" sorta gets the effect anyways

Post by Weirdomen »

I've noticed this with my Conduit (9596) that has Tap Font, but doesn't have Tap Ley Line. If he connects to a font and then moves along the direction of the font's ley line (which he cannot see nor tap directly), then he gets to keep the Tap Anchor effect and he's still able to use the font's mana reserves, away from the font, just as if he had the Tap Ley Line skill. Moving away from the ley line will break the effect, again just as per the skill.
Stretch

Re: Conduit with no "Tap ley line" sorta gets the effect anyways

Post by Stretch »

Ahhh that explains the weird “lack of untap” effect that I occasionally get with my wyrm master, when I move away from a font!
Violet Ultra

Post by Violet Ultra »

It's such a common occurrence, and yet has remained that way for so long, it seems like it has to be intentional.

Tap Leyline is definitely worth the CP though; even with perfect preparation, Nita (clash.php?op=character&id=13649) would need much more than a single font's worth during a raid and hopping about during a raid to find fonts to connect to at their source ranges from "not worth the AP, even with Mystic Vigor" to "so wildly impractical even an eccentric roleplayer wouldn't go to such effort" depending on the locale.
And even as a Nexus Champion who regenerates MP every 5 minutes (clash.php?op=character&id=13644) Tap Leyline has gotten me where I need to go in situations where even putting 60 CP into Tattoo Of Leaguestep wouldn't.
The only character I have that doesn't have TLL is a manabiter, and can just slurp MP out of gems. (For all the noise it makes, it's very effective.)
Kandarin

Post by Kandarin »

Violet Ultra wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:49 pm It's such a common occurrence, and yet has remained that way for so long, it seems like it has to be intentional.
This is never a certain indication that something is intentional. Our capacity to investigate issues is limited.

This will be fixed in the next patch - logically, you have to be able to perceive Ley Lines to remain connected to them. Characters will require the Tap Ley Line or Ley Sculpting skill to follow a Ley Line.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes