Secret Ingredient item issue?

Report bugs about the game itself here.
SkullFace

Secret Ingredient item issue?

Post by SkullFace »

From the wiki (emphasis mine):
For 3 AP and 3 MP, a Conduit with this skill may place a single Buffing or Aura Spell on a piece of fresh Food such as an Orange - canned food will not work as a vessel of the spell. When the food is eaten by any character, the spell is cast on the character who eats the food. Characters with Sense Magic can see that the food is enchanted, and characters with Spellcraft can see what specific spell is on the food. Food that has been enchanted this way cannot be destroyed on death.
From my message log:
- You sense the enchantment on your Orange dissipate. (2022-09-25 20:52:23).
- Horrid Tentacle, belonging to Darkfeline, attacked you and hit for 8 points of acid damage. This was enough to kill you! (2022-09-25 20:52:23).
The Orange was laced with Sharp Vision via the Conduit ability: bug?
SkullFace

Re: Secret Ingredient item issue?

Post by SkullFace »

And another:
- You sense the enchantment on your Pear dissipate. (2022-09-26 15:09:25).
- Aphaeleon attacked you with an Eye of Judgment and hit for 10 points of holy damage. The magic of their dread gaze inflicts an additional 5 points of fire damage! This was enough to kill you! (2022-09-26 15:09:25).
Alkasyn

Post by Alkasyn »

Yea, mine disappear too. I think there was an attempt to modify this underused skill, but alas, no luck.
NearNihil

Post by NearNihil »

I've had this before too but didn't think it was a bug, just unfortunate wording on the wiki page. Namely, the fruit itself is invulnerable while enchanted, but the enchantment itself is not. If no other dev can confirm one way or the other I'll see if I can figure out what's supposed to happen when I get access to a computer again later this week.
Don't like someone but can't be bothered to do the dirty work yourself? Hire RED!
Want something but can't be bothered making it yourself? Buy from PIMCO!