Redeemed casting from MP against structures

Report bugs about the game itself here.
YFNH

Redeemed casting from MP against structures

Post by YFNH »

I just recently got to t3 with my pilgrim redeemed, and have discovered that when attacking structures, it casts from MP instead of HP - see the below logs for messages. On a side note, it appears to be impossible to HP cast spells from gems if your MP is below the casting cost of the gem - they aren't available to be selected.

- (7 times) You attack the ward with your Gravefingers, dealing 24 points of holy damage. The impact is absorbed with a resounding thud and the ward seems to ripple a bit. Pulsing death energy reinforced this attack! (2022-08-24 15:33:43).

This is the full messages when casting takes from HP as intended:

You attack (redacted) with your Death Dart spell and hit for 0 points of death damage. His armor soaked 4 points of damage. 1 points of soak was due to fortifications here. He is a member of your faction! You will not gain experience for this attack! (2022-08-24 20:11:44).
- You fuel the spell with your blood, paying 6 points of HP. (2022-08-24 20:11:44).
Kandarin
Site Admin

Re: Redeemed casting from MP against structures

Post by Kandarin »

Fixes to this are coded for the next patch. Spells cast vs targets or structures will take HP if the caster is a Pilgrim.

I'm keeping this thread active because the issue of spells not appearing in the dropdown if you lack the MP as a Pilgrim remains unresolved.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes