Going over 3 lighten enchants without seal magic

Report bugs about the game itself here.
Poinf

Going over 3 lighten enchants without seal magic

Post by Poinf »

Character Link

The July 3rd patch only specified soak/damage enchants, but it seems weird that it wouldn't apply to utility enchants as well.

Code: Select all

- You marshal your magical knowledge and focus your attention on suffusing the Rainbow Top Hat with your chosen enchantment. After several moments, you step away from the item, having met with success. The lighten enchantment has been woven into the item. You spent 6 Action Points and 20 Magic Points. You gain 30 Experience Points. (2022-08-14 21:03:00). 
enchants.jpg
enchants.jpg (5.75 KiB) Viewed 7199 times
Edit: Character has since bought seal magic, but didn't have it at the time of enchanting.
Kandarin

Re: Going over 3 lighten enchants without seal magic

Post by Kandarin »

I couldn't reproduce this, but confirmed this is not a bug and is working as intended. I've updated the wiki to be a bit more clear.

The 3-layer limit (for an enchanter without Seal Magic) is only three layers:
  • Per enchant category
  • Per item
  • Per enchanter
This means you may put up to three of one enchantment category on an item, and are free to add more layers of other categories e.g. a 3 Death/3 Accuracy Pistol. It is also possible for multiple enchanters to work together to lay enchants up to the maximum, e.g. if you got a 3-Death Pistol from someone else, without the Seal Magic skill you're still free to add 3 Death layers of your own for a total 6 Death Pistol. You only pay the MP cost for your own cumulative layers when you do this, so there's some incentive for collaboration.

While I don't know all the circumstances (as this is an old thread) probably the three layers on the item in the bug report were made by another enchanter, so you were still free to add more layers of your own.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes