Casting spells does not break invisibility

Forum where closed and resolved bug reports live
Leila

Casting spells does not break invisibility

Post by Leila »

Abby Honeycutt drank an Extended Invisibility potion for reasons at 2022-06-28 04:31:03 game time. At 10:28 game time on the same day, I went to fill up a font and shoot the booze leftover for XP. I used a named autohit spell and was tapped to the font I was filling up.
- You take aim at the target with your Carolina Lightning and hit! The target has been destroyed! You gain 8 experience points! (2022-06-28 10:28:26).
Among my statuses at that time: Invisible (362 min). I went back to Abby's stronghold and a fellow faction member confirmed that she remains invisible despite spellcasting three times, and I still have the invisible status, and my sprite does not appear on the map. Says the Wiki: "The character will lose this status effect if it performs an attack, casts a spell, a nearby spellcaster uses the spell Reveal, or a nearby Redeemed uses the skill Lamp of Clinging Purity."
"They could do nothing individually. So they went mad, en masse."
Goliath

Re: Casting spells does not break invisibility

Post by Goliath »

That strongly sounds like a bug with target shooting.
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
SharkyNebula

Post by SharkyNebula »

Also shooting targets with a mystic type origami bow also counts as missing, so doesn't cost an arrow

NearNihil

Post by NearNihil »

Bit of an old thread, but I've coded a fix for both types. Thanks for bringing it up!
Don't like someone but can't be bothered to do the dirty work yourself? Hire RED!
Want something but can't be bothered making it yourself? Buy from PIMCO!