Unable to buyback a custom-named spell and I broke the Nexus

Forum where closed and resolved bug reports live
Leila

Unable to buyback a custom-named spell and I broke the Nexus

Post by Leila »

My character Abby Honeycutt is unable to buyback one of her spells (specifically, Sharp Vision) normally. I think it is because the spell is custom-named ("Deadeye Aim"), but I haven't tried any of my other spells which are also custom-named since, um, I'd like to keep those, actually. When I tried to initiate a buyback, it simply sent me to the skill purchase menu and does nothing else.

On Discord, as I was about to post this thread, I was advised by Nova to rename the spell to its vanilla variant and then initiate the buyback. The result (first I left the custom name field blank, which produced a blank-named spell, then I explicitly renamed it Sharp Vision) was that I ended up with *two* Sharp Vision spells. But the buyback was initiated successfully.

I can't report yet what the results of the completed buyback are, since 150 XP will take a little bit... but this is probably not intended behaviour.

Edit: I completed the buyback this afternoon and both spells disappeared once I did.
Last edited by Leila on Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"They could do nothing individually. So they went mad, en masse."
Leila

Re: Unable to buyback a custom-named spell and I broke the Nexus

Post by Leila »

Update: I have learned that renaming my Sharp Vision spell to vanilla affected every character in the Nexus who knows Sharp Vision, and now has dupes in their character page. I'm so sorry! :cry:
"They could do nothing individually. So they went mad, en masse."