Weirdomen

Spellgems not displaying correct weight

Post by Weirdomen »

Hi,
I have a character (#8383) which has the following in its inventory:
Item # Wt
Small Orange Gem 2 4
Small Orange Gem 1 1

So the two gems are shown as having a weight of 4, which is incorrect.
The bug seems to only be a wrong number shown in the inventory display. The two orange gems are actually ok, they do weigh 1 as they should.
I know that because if I drop one, my weight decreases by 1 as it should, and the remaining gem weighs 1 too.
Small Orange Gem 1 1
Small Orange Gem 1 1

If I pick it up again, the inventory shows a weight of 4 again. But my actual weight only increased by 1, as it should.
Small Orange Gem 2 4
Small Orange Gem 1 1

So it's just a display thing, nothing really bad.
erikune

Re: Spellgems not displaying correct weight

Post by erikune »

I am having a similar issue.

erikune was holding 4 Small Red Gems when I logged in this afternoon. The number of everything is correct, and the total weight (34) is correct, but the weight listed on the Small Red Gems themselves is not. 4 gems should be 4 weight, not the listed 16. As noted, everything adds up correctly if you count each gem as having 1 weight.
4 Small Red Gems
4 Small Red Gems
redgems4.png (39.39 KiB) Viewed 2687 times
After a bit of collecting, erikune picked up another 6 Small Red Gems. Now we have a problem, not just in the weight listed but also in the number listed. I am 100% certain that I picked up 6 gems (it was a harvest spot) so there should be 10 now, but it only shows 8. Plus, there is no way that the gems could have a total 64 weight on the character; they shouldn't even move when holding that much. Again, the total weight listed is correct if we count there being 10 Small Red Gems and each gem having 1 weight. You'll notice that the second picture (after collecting) is exactly 6 total weight more than the first picture.
10 Small Red Gems
10 Small Red Gems
redgems10.png (39.38 KiB) Viewed 2687 times
It seems related to this issue where a stack of potions were displaying less potions than were actually carried. You'll note that the weight was incorrect in that case as well, with the 5 Potions of Planar Protection showing 2 listed at 4 weight in the first screenshot.
A Quick Brown Fox [id 3412] ̶W̶o̶l̶f̶ Fox Revenant
ÆĐR [id 105796] Lightspeaker
Elly Mentalist [id 14108] Water Elementalist
erikune [id 3374] Bone Lich Alchemist
Scribalist [id 3375] Professional Grinder (for now)
Set o Lockpicks [id 7505] Mortal Lockpicker
Weirdomen

Post by Weirdomen »

It would seem that for unidentified spellgems, weight is calculated as
(number of gems) * (number of gems)
instead of
(number of gems) * (weight of a gem)

I don't know if it's universal, but it holds so far....
Weirdomen

Post by Weirdomen »

Uhh, with potions too. This is on something fuzzy:

Potion of Fire Affinity 2 4
Potion of Healing 2 4
Potion of Invulnerability 5 25
Potion of Lesser Invulnerability 1 1
Potion of Planar Protection 1 1
RKBBQ

Post by RKBBQ »

It also affects alcohol!
Active: Alexios (12693) | Johnny (12760) | Libby (12549) | Red (12555) | Sal (12599) | Gourmand (12808) | 02 (13907)
Released: George (12805) | Remy (12541) | VC (12538) | Silurus (12540)
erikune

Post by erikune »

First of all: Sorry about the length of the post. I have screenshots of the inventory, which can get kind of long showing the whole thing off. No way to spoiler that I know of, to make the post shorter. I wanted to make things complete for the best information.

Well, a bit of an update. I'd picked up a few more red spellgems as erikune and promoted them to Sorcerer, something I was planning on anyways. Doing so split up the Small Red Gems, along with revealing what they are. Things aren't quite adding up correctly, though. Some spellgems are being listed at double their weight. What's more, I'm sure that I'd picked up 15 Small Red Gems in total, but the inventory only listed 14 of them in total. The overall weight being carried, though, is for having 15 Small Red Gems each with a weight 1.
redgems4sorcerer.png
redgems4sorcerer.png (44.79 KiB) Viewed 2626 times
Then I realized I was a bit of a dolt, picked up Sense Magic, and looked again at my inventory. This seems to have fixed everything, at least from my perspective. All 15 gems were accounted for, and they all had the correct weights (although they only had stacks of 2 at most).
gems4sensemagic.png
gems4sensemagic.png (58.28 KiB) Viewed 2626 times
Let me know if someone wants me to do more testing, like casting spells to get the charges on some of the gems the same. I'll hang onto the inventory for now.
A Quick Brown Fox [id 3412] ̶W̶o̶l̶f̶ Fox Revenant
ÆĐR [id 105796] Lightspeaker
Elly Mentalist [id 14108] Water Elementalist
erikune [id 3374] Bone Lich Alchemist
Scribalist [id 3375] Professional Grinder (for now)
Set o Lockpicks [id 7505] Mortal Lockpicker