Change faction politics not working?

Forum where closed and resolved bug reports live
Alyss

Change faction politics not working?

Post by Alyss »

I've seen a lot of faction-related bugs reported but not this one yet. As you'd expect, I was doing some housekeeping ticking-off the huge amount of missing hostilities Xenon Noire had, but changing them didn't alter the (as said elsewhere, glitchy) faction politics page or change the color with which they displayed in the factions list. It also still gave the prompt to 'Set Faction to Neutral' which is usually what you see if you have no/neutral politics to the faction at that time. I haven't seen a "newly-hostiled" character to confirm if it does go apply on the character level but on these bases it probably isn't working.
Yukari

Re: Change faction politics not working?

Post by Yukari »

We did get the message, fwiw.

Tried changing Xenon to hostile to test and it worked, and in our faction politics page you appear black (as in hostile vs hostile), so it did work for you on some level...

Edit: OS appears in Xenon's Politics page now 🤷‍♂️
Alyss

Post by Alyss »

It is weird. It seems as if how the bug works roughly is that changing the faction politics from one side doesn't seem to do anything, but after the other faction reciprocates and changes their politics it updates to account for both.

Ex:

Hostiled Interplanar Brigades, no response: Displays Neutral
Hostiled Malton Fire Department, no response: Displays Neutral
Hostiled Oblivion Squadron, they hostiled Xenon Noire: Displays Enemy
Hostiled The Deadly Sins, they hostiled Xenon Noire: Displayed Enemy
The Deadly Sins then friendlied Xenon Noire: Displays Hostile

Weird gamer shit
plscks

Post by plscks »

Alyss wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:24 pm It is weird. It seems as if how the bug works roughly is that changing the faction politics from one side doesn't seem to do anything, but after the other faction reciprocates and changes their politics it updates to account for both.

Ex:

Weird gamer shit
I think this bug might have been fixed with one of the updates this week, can you confirm if it is still acting up or if it seems to be remedied?
"Hey, don't talk about bacon." - Frank Lapidus
Alyss

Post by Alyss »

plscks wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:00 pm
Alyss wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:24 pm It is weird. It seems as if how the bug works roughly is that changing the faction politics from one side doesn't seem to do anything, but after the other faction reciprocates and changes their politics it updates to account for both.

Ex:

Weird gamer shit
I think this bug might have been fixed with one of the updates this week, can you confirm if it is still acting up or if it seems to be remedied?
It surprisingly and unfortunately is still acting-up, just gave Interplanar Brigades and Malton Fire Department another go with setting to Hostile and it still displays Neutral.
plscks

Post by plscks »

Alyss wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:33 pm
plscks wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:00 pm

Ex:

Weird gamer shit
It surprisingly and unfortunately is still acting-up, just gave Interplanar Brigades and Malton Fire Department another go with setting to Hostile and it still displays Neutral.
We're getting wildly stacked quotes here :lol:

Anyways, sorry about the faction politics changes, I think I am reproducing it, I (DHARMA) set XN to hostile and XN came up on my faction politics page as hostile and also defaulted to the 'hostile' dropdown when looking at XNs faction page, but then when I went back to the complete faction list page and XN is neutral colored and the dropdown is defaulting to neutral. Does that seem to line up with the behavior you are experiencing?
Alyss

Post by Alyss »

I'll break the chain I guess. c;

You don't have to be sorry, I appreciate you looking into this. I just went ingame and checked again and used Bug Hunters to check that side and what you say perfectly lines-up with what I'm experiencing as well.

I think I should probably say that actually before the patch they did not come-up as hostile on the faction politics page either, additionally, they would not default to hostile in dropdown when looking at their faction page. I didn't really notice this had changed until now, so the patch has fixed the majority of the issue. It's just the main all factions page which is bugged, hopefully it is working ingame as well which is a bit less easy to test but seemed to be doing so from what Cerce said to me.
plscks

Post by plscks »

Alyss wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:43 pm I'll break the chain I guess. c;

You don't have to be sorry, I appreciate you looking into this. I just went ingame and checked again and used Bug Hunters to check that side and what you say perfectly lines-up with what I'm experiencing as well.

I think I should probably say that actually before the patch they did not come-up as hostile on the faction politics page either, additionally, they would not default to hostile in dropdown when looking at their faction page. I didn't really notice this had changed until now, so the patch has fixed the majority of the issue. It's just the main all factions page which is bugged, hopefully it is working ingame as well which is a bit less easy to test but seemed to be doing so from what Cerce said to me.
Thanks for helping me understand this one and for dealing with numerous factional politics change messages in game! I believe I have found the cause and corrected it to display properly, hopefully everywhere now. That said I did remove the change faction politics dropdown from the list if you are a member of that faction (you can't change the politics of your faction in relation to itself) I think this one will be resolved after the next update, so I'm going to move this over to squashed bugs.