Arcane Sink affects factionmates

Forum where closed and resolved bug reports live
Sul

Arcane Sink affects factionmates

Post by Sul »

Wiki says
All characters in a tile affected by an Arcane Sink - except factionmates of the Conduit who created the Arcane Sink - lose an extra 1 Magic Point per action taken
but
- You tap into your knowledge of the laws of magic and speak words of power to open a sink that draws in mystic energy. A deep purple light pulses through the area as the arcane sink is opened. (2022-06-10 20:08:22).
- You feel your magic drained by the very ground in this site as you take actions in this area. You have lost 1 MP. (2022-06-10 20:08:22).
[...]
- You retrieve a Potion of Lesser Invulnerability from your faction safe. (2022-06-10 20:08:47).
- You feel your magic drained by the very ground in this site as you take actions in this area. You have lost 1 MP. (2022-06-10 20:08:47).
- You feel a small surge of power and tension wash over you, protecting you from harm. Your soak will be increased by +2 against all attacks while under the effects of the Lesser Invulnerability potion. (2022-06-10 20:08:50).
- You feel your magic drained by the very ground in this site as you take actions in this area. You have lost 1 MP. (2022-06-10 20:08:50).
and I received complaints, er, reports that other factionmates were also affected. The whole log would be too much and maybe I missed it, but I didn't see any opposition sapping glyphs. This was on Sulpicia, if it matters.
Kandarin

Re: Arcane Sink affects factionmates

Post by Kandarin »

I couldn't reproduce this.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes
Sul

Re: Arcane Sink affects factionmates

Post by Sul »

Going to guess this was
Arcane Sink no longer affects caster and factionmates when other non-faction area effects exist at the same location.
in viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4985.