Pets: Intense pet targeting.

Forum where closed and resolved bug reports live
Meric

Pets: Intense pet targeting.

Post by Meric »

In a good stronghold vs a good Lich so no WM sadist mechanic etc. My char appeared to be disproportionally targeted by all of a liches pets.

There were 8 other attackers in the SH. The char hadnt completed any provocative actions for at least 1.5mins prior and none of the attackers had stepped out etc. Somehow all 11 of a Liches pets targeted me without provocation against the Lich. Seems highly improbable from a target pool of 9 targets that all 11 pets are pulling one char as the attack result. Feels more like the pets defaulted to one char after the PM did a target refresh during defence.
- Ghoul, belonging to Altisidora, attacked you and missed!
- Ghoul, belonging to Altisidora, attacked you and hit for 5 points of slashing damage.
- Ghoul, belonging to Altisidora, attacked you and hit for 5 points of slashing damage.
- (5 times) Ghoul, belonging to Altisidora, attacked you and hit for 5 points of slashing damage.
- Wight, belonging to Altisidora, attacked you and missed!.
Sunset Shimmer attacked you with a Frozen Gauntlet and hit for 62 points of holy damage. She was hiding! This attack was charged with righteous wrath! Their body strained with holy resolve as they added physical power to this attack! (2021-11-22)
plscks

Re: Pets: Intense pet targeting.

Post by plscks »

Meric wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:26 pm In a good stronghold vs a good Lich so no WM sadist mechanic etc. My char appeared to be disproportionally targeted by all of a liches pets.

There were 8 other attackers in the SH. The char hadnt completed any provocative actions for at least 1.5mins prior and none of the attackers had stepped out etc. Somehow all 11 of a Liches pets targeted me without provocation against the Lich. Seems highly improbable from a target pool of 9 targets that all 11 pets are pulling one char as the attack result. Feels more like the pets defaulted to one char after the PM did a target refresh during defence.
- (5 times) Ghoul, belonging to Altisidora, attacked you and hit for 5 points of slashing damage.
- Wight, belonging to Altisidora, attacked you and missed!.
Looking at logs, I suspect that the Ghouls were on defensive and you were the last character to attack the PM. It was though AoE, and I don't believe pets react to AoE, none of the explains the delay in attacking though. I'll leave this open in case further cases require documentation.
"Hey, don't talk about bacon." - Frank Lapidus
Goliath

Re: Pets: Intense pet targeting.

Post by Goliath »

AoE draws aggro but no retaliation as far as I've observed, yes.
Archons, Elementalists and DHs (and whomever else) beware
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz