Harbinger of War not decreasing damage

Report bugs about the game itself here.
Igor Dolvich

Harbinger of War not decreasing damage

Post by Igor Dolvich »

According to the description on the wiki: https://wiki.nexusclash.com/wiki/Harbinger_of_War
this skill should show a decrease of bonus damage when I attack a different target. That doesn't currently happen, it stays at +5. (the targets weren't in the same location when I tested this and by "changing targets" I mean specifically "first killing one, than moving elsewhere and killing the other")

(spotted on id=6224)
Pharaoh

Re: Harbinger of War not decreasing damage

Post by Pharaoh »

Interesting because I and one other person can't get Harbinger of War to work at all. The damage does not increase at all on an evil target. And the +1 damage from just activating Harbinger disappears after about the second hit.
Klapaucius

Post by Klapaucius »

Wow. Sounds like there's about the right amount of damage in total, albeit apportioned rather unfairly. Hilarious!
Pharaoh

Post by Pharaoh »

Tested Harbinger of War once again today on two evil Fallen. This time I left Harbinger of Conquest off and only had HoW and Steadfast Resolve activated. The damage NEVER increased. So naturally the damage never decreased by two points when I switched targets.

You channel your divine magic. Red motes of light flash around you as you invoke the powers of a Harbinger of War. (2022-05-20 17:25:33).
- You attack [Redacted] with your Oaken Greatbow and hit for 18 points of fire damage. Her armor soaked 1 points of damage. Your weapon is now out of ammunition. You gain 18 XP. (2022-05-20 17:25:44).
- You reload your Oaken Greatbow with your Quiver of Arrows. (2022-05-20 17:25:50).
- (2 times) You attack [Redacted] with your Oaken Greatbow and hit for 18 points of fire damage. Her armor soaked 1 points of damage. You gain 18 XP. (2022-05-20 17:25:58).
- You attack [Redacted] with your Oaken Greatbow and hit for 18 points of fire damage. Her armor soaked 1 points of damage. You gain 18 XP. This was enough to kill them! You gain an additional 30 Experience Points! (2022-05-20 17:26:31).
Igor Dolvich

Post by Igor Dolvich »

I use the Crimson Gladius, so maybe that's the difference? Maybe it only gives bonus melee damage?