No Arcane Capstone for Arcane Deadeye

Report bugs about the game itself here.
Conanberg

No Arcane Capstone for Arcane Deadeye

Post by Conanberg »

As per a brief discussion on the discord channel, I am of the persuasion that the capstone benefits for the Arcane spelltree are not being applied correctly for Arcane Deadeye. Since you don't seem like the type of devs to arbitrarily decide that the rules of a skill only apply when you feel like it, I suspect that this is in fact a bug.

Most of what I am going to say here was said there, so if you already read it there...read it again here!

Consider the following:
- You attack Whomst'd've'ly'yaint'nt'ed'ies's with your Pump Action Shotgun and hit for 28 points of electric damage. Crackling electrical energy reinforced this attack! The attack inflicted a lingering feeling of shock! This attack was endowed with magical energy! This attack nullified some of his magic. You gain 12 XP. (2022-04-28 01:28:17).
- You attack Whomst'd've'ly'yaint'nt'ed'ies's with your Pump Action Shotgun and hit for 19 points of arcane damage. This attack was endowed with magical energy! This attack nullified some of his magic. You gain 8 XP. (2022-04-28 01:28:21).
- You attack Whomst'd've'ly'yaint'nt'ed'ies's with your Pump Action Shotgun and hit for 28 points of electric damage. Crackling electrical energy reinforced this attack! The attack inflicted a lingering feeling of shock! This attack was endowed with magical energy! This attack nullified some of his magic. You gain 12 XP. This was enough to kill them! You gain an additional 4 Experience Points! (2022-04-28 01:28:30).

As you can see, when I attack with my Electric Shot I do damage as expected, and the capstone is applied. The maths are:
14 shotgun base + 5 Electric Spell Affinity + 3 Electric Affinity Potion + 6 Static Charge buff + Electric Capstone = 28 damage w/ Twitchy

The text suggests that when you combine the Arcane Deadeye ability to, "sap 2 Magic Points from a character hit by a successful attack" with the Arcane capstone ability to, "Remove up to 5 magic points from the target and deal unsoakable damage equal to the magic points removed", the end result is a nice chunk of unavoidable damage.

So with that in mind, when I attack with my Arcane Shot the damage should look something like this:
14 shotgun base + 5 Arcane Spell Affinity (pulled from Electric) + 5/7 Arcane Capstone unsoakable damage = 24/26 damage

Obviously this is not the case so something is amiss. That skill synergy is the whole point of Arcane Shot as far as I can tell and is only worth it if it applies its unsoakable capstone, otherwise there is no point in taking Deep Spellcraft to get Arcane Shot whatsoever.