Alchemy Formatting when a component has no further potions it is used in

Forum where closed and resolved bug reports live
Azure

Alchemy Formatting when a component has no further potions it is used in

Post by Azure »

You spend considerable time working with the Handful of Horehound and your experiment goes awry! Some of the essence you extracted comes into contact with your exposed skin and you feel an unholy pain begin coursing through your body as your blood begins to burn in your veins. You will be considered under the Defiler Poison effect for 27 status ticks. You are able to glean a new alchemical insight from your work, realizing that a(n) Handful of Horehound can also be used in the creation of a(n) Potion of Unholy Affinity.

vs

You spend considerable time working with the Handful of Horehound and your experiment goes awry! An overwhelming fatigue fills your awareness and you find the thought of defending yourself in battle hard to comprehend. You will be considered under the Lethargic effect for 34 status ticks. You are able to glean a new alchemical insight from your work, realizing that a(n) Handful of Horehound can also be used in the creation of a(n) .
GreatCatatonic

Re: Alchemy Formatting when a component has no further potions it is used in

Post by GreatCatatonic »

To add to this, GreatCatatonic researched a Pinch of Saltpeter just now, for his recipe for Potions of Magic Recovery. None of his recipes have it as a component, but it's supposed to be the fixed component for Potions of Fire Affinity. Instead of unlocking saltpeter in a different recipe, it discovered a Chunk of Onyx for MR. That much is fine, but since my recipe already required a Chunk of Onyx, I got a message similar to Azure's above.

--Great
Nayru

Re: Alchemy Formatting when a component has no further potions it is used in

Post by Nayru »

seems like ye

Potion of Fire Affinity

Chunk of Stygian Iron
Femur
Handful of Clover
Patch of Lichen
Pinch of Saltpeter
Unknown

You spend considerable time working with the Bunch of Lilies and your experiment goes awry! An overwhelming fatigue fills your awareness and you find the thought of defending yourself in battle hard to comprehend. You will be considered under the Lethargic effect for 14 status ticks. You are able to glean a new alchemical insight from your work, realizing that a(n) Bunch of Lilies can also be used in the creation of a(n) . (2021-12-28 16:55:57).

Potion of Fire Affinity

Chunk of Stygian Iron
Femur
Handful of Clover
Patch of Lichen
Pinch of Saltpeter
Pinch of Saltpeter
- You say, "Oh my me." (2022-01-30 03:41:07).