Skill: Combination Attack resets on misses

Forum where closed and resolved bug reports live
Goliath

Skill: Combination Attack resets on misses

Post by Goliath »

Whenever the attack missed, combination attack was used up and reset
With character https://www.nexusclash.com/clash.php?op ... r&id=13172
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
Klapaucius

Re: Skill: Combination Attack resets on misses

Post by Klapaucius »

For what it's worth, I ran some damage simulations, assuming a single target infinite series of attacks and all combination skills.

All skills, assuming no loss on miss: about 5.2 average damage.

Reset on miss: Bonus linear with accuracy, so 2.6 at 50% accuracy.

Reduce by 1 on miss: approximately linear with accuracy up to 4 damage at 50% total accuracy, then leveling off to a maximum of ~5.2 at 100%

As a comment, I think defense is already quite strong, and the better balance option would be no resetting (possibly with a reduction to the actual bonus if it needs a nerf)
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

Noting that wiki doesn't list missing as a reason Combination Attack resets (hence considering this a bug).
If the Myrmidon changes targets, lets five minutes pass between attacks, or hits with the second attack in the combination, the bonus reverts to zero.
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
Fellis

Post by Fellis »

Note for whoever looks into this. Bob and I discussed Combo Attack not resetting awhile ago and this is a bug. However if combo attack feels too strong, I think the -1 step on miss is a really good compromise that doesn't completely neuter the skills.
BobGeneric
Site Admin

Post by BobGeneric »

"Compromise" fix has been applied on dev that reduces combinations by one step on a miss instead of deleting entirely (obvious exception: a miss after Combination 1 deletes the effect entirely).