Degrading armor sometimes doesn't unequip

Forum where closed and resolved bug reports live
SaltedSalmon

Degrading armor sometimes doesn't unequip

Post by SaltedSalmon »

If your armor degrades during your death, it won't automatically unequip.
Kandarin
Site Admin

Re: Degrading armor sometimes doesn't unequip

Post by Kandarin »

Could you share message logs of when you encountered this bug?
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes
Liemannen

Post by Liemannen »

Mr Dalliard https://www.nexusclash.com/clash.php?op ... er&id=4668 is wearing a destroyed armor
- wandervogel attacked you with a Compound Bow and hit for 7 points of piercing damage. This was enough to kill you! (2021-11-29 23:35:00).
- Your Suit of Light Body Armor (broken) was damaged! (2021-11-29 23:35:00).
Suit of Light Body Armor (destroyed) which I accidentally removed when I tried to copy the remove button text, funnily I could still put that armor back on.
cat

Post by cat »

Is auto unequipping armor when broken designed to protect the item from death decay destroying it completely? Or is the % to be destroyed less if unequipped? I've had a jacket auto remove, then be destroyed while not equipped, but didn't mention it as I wasn't sure what the mechanical intent was - perhaps just "your jacket is so wrecked, you don't need to spend an AP peeling it off in chunks"? :3
SaltedSalmon

Post by SaltedSalmon »

Kandarin wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:56 pm Could you share message logs of when you encountered this bug?
My apologies, I went to check if I had the logs and then never returned to post.
But no, I did not find the logs. When I first saw my armor was still equipped I assumed it'd only unequip when I respawned.
Fellis

Post by Fellis »

replicated on dev, degrade to destroyed on death does not remove the armor, but attack degrades do remove correctly. Also appears that destroyed armor can be equipped, that is not blocked. Recommend that we change armor to unequip on broken while fixing this.
cat wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:23 am Is auto unequipping armor when broken designed to protect the item from death decay destroying it completely? Or is the % to be destroyed less if unequipped? I've had a jacket auto remove, then be destroyed while not equipped, but didn't mention it as I wasn't sure what the mechanical intent was - perhaps just "your jacket is so wrecked, you don't need to spend an AP peeling it off in chunks"? :3
it is supposed to unequip at destroyed for flavor purposes I think, but I think it should unequip at broken to mechanically protect it from death degrade possibly perma-destroying the armor (the situation where an attack degrade takes it to destroyed, then you die and it gets dusted)

I think there would be room for weapon/armor degrading skills to come back if we had protection like that, similar for broken weapons. Then there is counterplay because you have a chance to respawn and fix your items before your next death so you can never permanently lose them. If you chose to respawn and not fix them (either by not having repair item or waiting till you could coordinate with a factionmate) then that's on you
Fellis

Post by Fellis »

many adorable puppers died to bring us this information
- (16 times) You attack The most adorable puppy with your Stone Dart spell and hit for 2 points of impact damage. Her armor soaked 6 points of damage. You gain 2 XP. This was enough to kill them! You gain an additional 30 Experience Points! (2022-01-05 17:07:01).