Faction Politics Page Bugged

Forum where closed and resolved bug reports live
MrFrank
Location: Lambda, a Subterranean Storage Facility, Mount Altrea Site

Faction Politics Page Bugged

Post by MrFrank »

If I check any faction's "Show Politics" page it displays ghost entries (a whole bunch of "(Level 0 faction)" listings), if I'm either signed out from any character or I'm logged into a character which has not joined a faction.

https://i.imgur.com/Q7RLBxJ.png

If the character joins a faction and then views the Politics for any faction, it shows the politics as normal. If the character was part of a faction prior to the breath reset the politics are shown as normal. So it doesn't seem to effect characters that have joined a faction, only those factionless or if you are disconnected and are at the character select screen. If you have a functioning politics page opened on a tab and disconnect from that character, then refresh the page it goes from showing different factions to the bugged entries.
|| glueman / 11968 || manco / 11970 || johnquail / 11976 || drcoomer / 12377 || a.r.boretum / 12546 || gnomechompski / 13303 ||
Badziew

Re: Faction Politics Page Bugged

Post by Badziew »

I remember seeing those "empty" listings even when connected to a character that is a member of a faction and I think these refer to abandoned factions that currently have no active members. In B4 such factions were quietly hidden from politics list but that seems to no longer be the case.

A good testing example is Rat Place! because back in B4, when I was still its lieutenant, one day I got in a mood and manually browsed the newest hundred or so factions (by manually changing ID in URL) and set faction stances to all of them.
My characters (sorted by IDs): Badziew, Tiger Fist, Pilgrim, Sentient Spellbook, a trojan cat.

Check my wiki profile for more information, including contact information.
Kandarin

Post by Kandarin »

If this was showing abandoned idled factions the lists would be far, far longer.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes
MrFrank
Location: Lambda, a Subterranean Storage Facility, Mount Altrea Site

Post by MrFrank »

Took another look and almost every faction seems to have some (Level 0 faction) interspersed in between functioning factions.

https://i.imgur.com/yVBCwl9.png
|| glueman / 11968 || manco / 11970 || johnquail / 11976 || drcoomer / 12377 || a.r.boretum / 12546 || gnomechompski / 13303 ||
plscks

Post by plscks »

This one has been cleared up in an update this week, thank you for reporting!
"Hey, don't talk about bacon." - Frank Lapidus