Pet: Ghouls became Stationary

Forum where closed and resolved bug reports live
Meric

Pet: Ghouls became Stationary

Post by Meric »

Hey,

I had a handful of ghouls with me. I stepped off the tile and they didnt follow. I could see them on the map. I went back onto the tile and they seemed to "re-attach" to me. Whilst on different tiles the interface listed that I had zero pets but the pet pane was still full and listed their location as separate from me (Like I assume tentacles do?).
Attachments
1 Before step off.jpg
1 Before step off.jpg (227.2 KiB) Viewed 2115 times
2 Left me.jpg
2 Left me.jpg (218.32 KiB) Viewed 2115 times
3 Reattached.jpg
3 Reattached.jpg (230.97 KiB) Viewed 2115 times
Sunset Shimmer attacked you with a Frozen Gauntlet and hit for 62 points of holy damage. She was hiding! This attack was charged with righteous wrath! Their body strained with holy resolve as they added physical power to this attack! (2021-11-22)
Meric

Re: Pet: Ghouls became Stationary

Post by Meric »

Same thing happened again but this time on my Elementalist
Attachments
Ele.jpg
Ele.jpg (198.26 KiB) Viewed 2064 times
Sunset Shimmer attacked you with a Frozen Gauntlet and hit for 62 points of holy damage. She was hiding! This attack was charged with righteous wrath! Their body strained with holy resolve as they added physical power to this attack! (2021-11-22)
Meric

Post by Meric »

Something different but similar happened. Pictures included to explain.

I was moving SW when I noticed a large group of pets and no master in the next square (42,46). I assumed a hidden PM so I checked my horde was ready of battle but they werent with me. I assumed they had been left somewhere as per the bug above so I thought Id just be abit nosy and see what the hidden/invis PM had on square 42, 46

I stepped on and it turns out they were my pets on a tile which I hadnt been on? So time travelling pets.

What I can assume happened is that I went to go onto tile 42, 46 but instead of me and the pets moving there as standard I was somehow blocked and they continued?

These ghouls are even more magical than I thought.
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (254.74 KiB) Viewed 2002 times
2b.jpg
2b.jpg (124.71 KiB) Viewed 2002 times
Kandarin

Post by Kandarin »

The most likely explanation is the issues we are experiencing with pet tick lag, which is making the 10-second pet tick (which is supposed to take less than a second) take the better part of its ten-second period to run. This could lead to it pausing in the midst of other actions, like moving pets.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes
Kandarin

Post by Kandarin »

There are some pending changes that should do something to address this.

There isn't any function in the code that changes an immobile pet to mobile or vice versa - ever.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes